By Douglas R. Stinson
First brought in 1995, Cryptography: concept and perform garnered huge, immense compliment and recognition, and shortly grew to become the normal textbook for cryptography classes worldwide. the second one variation used to be both embraced, and enjoys prestige as a perennial bestseller. Now in its 3rd variation, this authoritative textual content maintains to supply an outstanding beginning for destiny breakthroughs in cryptography.
WHY a 3rd EDITION?
The artwork and technology of cryptography has been evolving for hundreds of thousands of years. Now, with unheard of quantities of knowledge circling the globe, we needs to be ready to stand new threats and hire new encryption schemes on an ongoing foundation. This variation updates proper chapters with the newest advances and comprises seven extra chapters covering:
* Pseudorandom bit new release in cryptography
* Entity authentication, together with schemes outfitted from primitives and specified objective "zero-knowledge" schemes
* Key institution together with key distribution and protocols for key contract, either with a better emphasis on protection versions and proofs
* Public key infrastructure, together with identity-based cryptography
* mystery sharing schemes
* Multicast protection, together with broadcast encryption and copyright protection
Providing mathematical history in a "just-in-time" type, casual descriptions of cryptosystems in addition to extra specified pseudocode, and a number of numerical examples and workouts, Cryptography: thought and perform, 3rd version deals entire, in-depth therapy of the tools and protocols which are important to safeguarding the mind-boggling quantity of knowledge circulating round the world.